We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SD Cards...4 in a row say they are write protected when they are not..

JohnnyBoy
Resolved

Likes # 0

Including a brand new out of the box SD card...is my card reader at fault or something else amiss ?

Like this post
JohnnyBoy

Likes # 0

Ok, just checked another card, and thats OK, so its not the card reader..perhaps the folders & files (music) Im trying to copy to the cards are set incorrectly ?

Like this post
JohnnyBoy

Likes # 0

Nope, cant even format the cards, even the brand new one, as I get the error msg telling me thy are write protected !!

Doing my head in now !!

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Just googled the problem and some people suggest putting some sticky tape over the little switch on the SD card.Link

Like this post
JohnnyBoy

Likes # 0

Yeah, just did the same myself whilst waiting for a reply :D. Strange the new out of the box card was the same though !!

Sorted !!

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

It's not the card it's the reader

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014