We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Advisor cdn2 cdn3?

Fruit Bat /\0/\
Resolved

Likes # 0

Firefox or IE - XP

Serious problems opening threads seems to be hanging - waiting for cdn2

anyone else with same problem or know of a fix?

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

PCA Forums and threads have certainly been very slow to open this afternoon.

I'm putting it down to the weather.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Rain getting into the system :0)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

According to FFox | Tools | Page Info | Media tab | they are all various: Icon, Background and Images (png, gif, jpg, background text) and you can see them individually in Media tab and block those you don't want to display - at least I can on mine.

And yes, I also often have to wait as seems to hang on them. Could it be described as page delivery delay?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

OK today on W7, IE9. Slow earlier.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I think CDN is the new system that PCA uses now.Just google for it and it will tell you what it is.

Waiting for that.then PCA. Then Transferring from facebook.And goodness knows what else is holding it up.But cdn looks like the biggest culprit.

I sometimes use another forum and guess what, they have started using CDN as well and yes you have guessed it.They are as slow as Pca at the moment.

If I remember right it is something to do with how much they make for the Add's but may have got that wrong.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Rain must have stopped as PCA forum speed has much improved in the last hour :0)

If I "Block images" then they are all blocked I lose the useful ones as well :0(

don't seem to be able to block individual ones.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Still the same here.Waiting for, is all you get before it decides to go through them all again.

Then if you want to post and you have to sign in it gets stuck on that.

Start as you mean to go on does not look promising for 2012.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Will take that back it does seem a bit quicker now.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The sites been slightly up and down for the past 3 days. This morning, the 'Waiting for' was very evident, as was cdn's. Seems a bit smoother now?.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Its flying along for me at the moment so am going to tick as resolved.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room