We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unable to open picasa

podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I have thousands of photos in > My Pictures My Pictures < I would like to say Happy new year to everybody that has helped me in the past, especially Glenn, ( double N )

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, for some reason all my message did not get across, bizarre! I am unable to open my Picasa 3 no matter what I try. If I delete the software in question and re-instal, will I have to import all my photos again from > My Pictures> ?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The pictures will be reacquired automatically if you should decide to reinstall Picasa.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

As Chronus says, it will re acquire them automatically, but be patient as if you have a lot of photos, it will take a little while. It's not instant !

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I will re-install as you say it is OK, thanks for all your help.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi again, I re-installed Picasa, downloaded ok, its all in my program file, but again when I went to open, it just refuses? any ideas!

Like this post
alB

Likes # 0

podlod this article from picasa forum might help you ...alB

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

What do you mean by * I re-installed Picasa, downloaded ok.* You would obviously have downloaded Picasa to have reinstall it? Do you mean the program reacquired your photo's OK? but then would not open. Following aIB's advice seems to be an excellent suggestion.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, Sorry yes I re-installed, and I have already to ALB advice being step 3 but it still does not work. Tried> Control alt delete/ task manager/ processes/ but there is no Picasa there?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

What exactly happens when you double click Picasa? Do you get an error message? If so what is the message? What OS are you using? What do you use Picasa for as there are plenty of alternatives? Is there some particular feature that you use in Picasa that you cannot find elsewhere?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes