We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HTC Desire Update and GMail Calendar

SURVEY

Likes # 0

Just had the latest HTC Desire system update and now my phone will not sync with the Gmail calendar. Gmail calendar items appear on the phone calendar but cannot get phone calendar items to appear on the Gmail calendar. All setting look Ok to me. Any ideas?

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I'm not sure if this might help, when I updated mine I had to change my password. I had upper case characters in it and the HTC wouldn't sync, now I've change it to all lower case and numbers it seems happy, worth a try?

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

octal - I have tried everything! Anything I put on the htc calendar appaers on my google calendar. I can even delete events on my htc that have been put on the google calendar. But if I make a calendar entry on my htc calendar it will not appear on my google calendar despite repeated refreshing! I just wonder of this is a glitch with the latest update I gad from htc a couple of days ago. All worked OK prior to that.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

My last post. I should have saidthat any event I put on my htc calendar DOES NOT appear on my google calendar on my PC. Sorry to confuse

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

That's OK, I understood what you were saying.

It is a strange one, I've just been experimenting with mine and I can indeed put things in my HTC calender and it appears on Google calender, it all seems to work as it should.

I wonder what the latest update was? Was it an update for the Android core? I haven't had one of those for months, only the odd application like Google Maps and Flash Player recently.

I assume you have tried rebooting the HTC after the update? Silly question I know, but it is only a computer after all.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Hi Octal - Yes I did reboot and have done so several times. The uopdate was a software firmware - 3.12.405.1 and wsa fairly major as it took a while. The calendar look has changed slightly (for the worse!) but I am getting to the end of my tether over over trying to sort this syncing problem. It is obvioulsy nearly working as I can delete events on the phone that become deleted on the PC calendar but just cannot get a posted event on the phone showing on the PC.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I was going to have a look at the software information on my phone to see if it is the same version as yours, but there is a lot of information in there, so I don't know what I'm looking for. I was thinking if I have the same as you then both phones should work the same. If you go into your apps and go to About phone>Software information, that will give all the information about the phone's installed software versions including the Kernel version, if you want to list them so we can compare notes, what do you think?

I must admit, I'm a bit of a novice with these phones, but I suppose at the end of the day they are just a miniature computer.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Hi Octal. My phone info is: Android v. 2.3.5. HTC Sense v. 3.0. Software 3.12.405.1.Kernal v. 2.6.35.10-g931a37e.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I have just checked mine and it is still the previous version, so I think I'll keep it if it's going to cause problems.

I have checked around and there is a dedicated HTC forum click here, is it worth posing your question on there?

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Sorted now but only after protracted email correspondence with HTC. The update is not worth having!

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Thanks for the warning, I just checked mine and it's a huge download that would eat into my allowance, so I'll leave well alone until they sort the bugs out, then find some other way of downloading it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED