We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Video clip onto cd

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a bit of video that I want to write to cd, not big 518mg. It starts up with Real Player but when I try to burn it, it says I need to upgrade and pay of course. I have paid for version of Nero although a bit old 2 or 3yrs. Can anyone help on this please.

Ray

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not familiar with Nero but see if you have the option to burn to VCD or SVCD. Most probably will only play on PCs but some DVD players might support the format.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply, I do not get the options you have shown. I can burn to CD or DVD using Nero but it does not recognize the format of the file.

ray

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You'll need to convert the file to DVD or AVI type files. The best converter I use is FormatFactory. If you try it make sure you untick the boxes from the sponsors of this free software unless you want extra toolbars, when installing. Will take a little bit of time to get to know, how to add files to convert, all to (whatever format) and create a folder to convert to, if you wish. Should work with rm files.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

What format is the original file and where do you intend playing the CD.if just on the pc thenjust save it to the disc as is

Like this post
Bagsey

Likes # 0

You could try Windows Movie Maker (Free) This will write to CD but will cost if you want the DVD add on

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"I can burn to CD or DVD using Nero but it does not recognize the format of the file."

Neither do we until you tell us what format it is to start with and on what device (player) you want to be able to view (play) the video.

There are plenty of file converters and CD/DVD burning programs available for FREE - no need to buy anything.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks all, just logged on.

The file is called "Quick Time Movie" in properties.Where do I find the format details. It is just a family video I want to send to some relatives as it is quite amusing They will play it on whatever media they use probably PC.

Ray

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Apple Quick Time, is a .mov file

If it's just for them to play on their PC's - burn the Video file to a CD as Data (that is a straightforward burn file to CD) no conversion is needed.

The free player VLC from VideoLAN http://www.videolan.org/vlc/will play it on their pcs if they don't have or want the Apple QuickTime player or any other player that can handle .mov files

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic that sounds the easiest route. How do I do this, drag and drop, copy, send to, tell me the simplest way please.

Ray

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, can this be sent as an attachment to an Email which would be so much easier? This would be the obvious way if possible.

Ray

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features