We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new laptop black screen

//adz_w///

Likes # 0

hi, after a few days of having my laptop its black screened 4 times now and ive had to use start up repair to fix it it does fix it as im using it now but it just keeps crashing on me any reasons why

iv eonly installed a couple of games and a mod for minecraft and put pictures on it and updated it thats about it

when this happens the computer starts to work really hard as in the fans start making alot of noise etc

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Have you got an antivirus programme installed? I'd be tempted to give it a full scan with that, followed by a scan by Malwarebytes (free download). If it still has the problem, I'd suspect a hardware problem and take it back.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Take it back. Obviously something wrong with it, hardware as opposed to virus.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Reset to factory conditions

do not install anything except antivius / antimalware

and then if it still does, it take it back.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It does depend on whether the laptop fully meets the requirements for the games.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

its just badsic computing games and minecrft i doubt its a virus ive downloaded form secure places and i got Norton internet security and mailwarebytes on my pen drive pre installed

the first time it did it i swithed it on and it beeped about 7 to 10 times i wasnt touching it so it wasnt a jammed key i just shut it down and delt with it in the morning in the morning it just said windows did not start correctly or whatever it says and did a restore then it works fine all it does i switch it on it says loading windows and blck screens and then i switch it up and goes to the restore place

ill restore it back to factory default and try what you said it didnt have a fault when i first used it its just since i was at my dads house so it probably got bashed or something and a some hardware might be loose which might explain the beeping

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

'probably got bashed or something'

Never a good idea for a laptop!

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

i know it seems to be working fine for now though i just would prefer if it was fixed

not a bad bash it just moved about in the car but was in a case i dunno but is there any way to fix it ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Beep Codes . I would return it stating the amount of beeps you had on startup.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

how about if i open it up check all the hardware's in place and then boot it again

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund