We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win7/Internet Explorer/Yahoo web mail -Attach problem

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

The title says it all The proud owner of a new laptop asked me how to attach photos to E-mail on their new machine. Attach photos say I - easy peasy.

Oh now it was not-

I too use Yahoo web mail and attaching photos on my XP Pro machine is a simple find click drag operation.

It did not work like that on the Win 7 Acer. After and hour of finding images and trying to get them across to the E-mail window etc I gave up

So what is the Win 7 secret.?

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

With in the email message window click on insert and you have a choice of photo album or single photo

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

ICF Thank you Insert allows the images to be included in the text frame of the message - That is well known

Attach is something else

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Is there not an attach button as per this guide?

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

On the Limited Thank you

The Message Window is fine- and attaching works in XP However in '7' the mouyse commands [right click drag etc and other actions] seem different and I did not manage to get the images into position at all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...