We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Security programs and Delayed start in Services

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have Emisoft and Eset what would happen if if I changed them from automatic start to a delayed start in Services.

Does the delayed start take a while before it works.

Is it a bad idea to change them or could I just change the one or none.

Just trying to get the computer to start that bit quicker without using 25% of the CPU at times.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If ESET is your Anti Virus that should start when your PC starts - Emisoft is Anti-Malware and could be set to Delayed Startup.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Emisoft - You could set this to Manual if you only use it now and then.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sorry about the delay.Have been doing my free taxi service.

It is the start up guard on the Pro version of Emisoft that sort of uses up the CPU then sometimes it is Eset.

The start up guard stops you from opening bad sites when browsing.So not sure which one would be best for the delayed start.

But only one way to find out I suppose.Any idea as to how long delayed start takes before starting.

Just going to try Eset on the delayed start first.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well that must have cut 20-30 seconds of the start time.

That's with Eset on the delayed start.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Hi buteman

That's a good result. I believe I'm right in thinking that you use WinPatrol Plus - and you can achieve a delayed start for any startup program within that. Easier to play about with than going into Services etc.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin

You are right I do use Winpatrol plus but nothing shows up on it on delayed start.

Just noticed another update for it since last week so will update it and see if it shows Ok then.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

You go into Startup programs, then right-click and select "Move to delayed start program list".

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin

Ok thanks for that I was wondering why it was blank.

I will use that from now on.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok will now class as resolved.Thanks for all advice.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia