We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Add Send To, and Move to. To Mac Lion Context Menu

rawprawn
Resolved

Likes # 0

Any Mac Experts out there? I really miss this facility that I have in Windows. I have had a look around, and downloaded "On My Command" but I couldn't understand it as the download seemed a different version to the instructions. Also I Really don't want to mess up my new Mac. What I would really like is an automatic plugin that will do the job. Thanks RP and a Happy New Year to all

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I have found that "On my Command" plugin is not supported by Lion. I have learned how to do it using the key board, but if anyone has any ideas I would still like it in the contex menu.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

G'day rawprawn - long time no speak!

On this link scroll down to "Setting up a keyboard shortcut" then on down to the next para which is "Setting up a context menu item" which refers to the above. It apparently hinges on the use of Automator.

I have never used a Mac so am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I hope it might help.

Mac OS tips

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin G'Day mate, nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the link, it looks promising. I have just got up so I will give it a go later this morning and report back. Thanks RP

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Hi Sea Urchin Well I am almost there, I have added "Move" to the context menu but the only option is "Move Finder Items" rather than "Move To" However this option moves the File or folder to the desktop, and from there you can simply drag it to where you want. This is a great improvement. I will continue reading that article, there are plenty of tips and I am very much a Mac learner. Thanks for your help once again, and have a Happy and Peaceful New Year. RP

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Hi rawprawn - thanks for your good wishes, and fully reciprocated to you and yours. Yes, that link seemed to be quite a little Mac manual, so I hope it will prove useful to you.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I will mark this thread as resolved, I think this is as close to the Winows Move To as you can get. Thanks RP.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014