We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Intel HD3000 graphics

frybluff
Resolved

Likes # 0

I note that some i5 based laptops, which used to incorporate AMD dedicated graphics, have dropped these, in favour of Intel HD3000 graphics, with some cost saving. Having tried to read the tech bumpff ( fine if you've an electronics degree), which seems to be saying it's as good, unless one needs 3D gaming power. Can anyone help with any advice, on relative merits, either from tech point of view, or actual experience?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

The i5 CPU has the graphics chip on the CPU. So it's an on-board graphics chip if you like. They are good enough for every day use but for gaming or graphics editing I don't believe you can beat a dedicated GPU card with its own ram. This is my personal view.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED