We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

confusing problem

tick73

Likes # 0

hi this is my 1st post on here, got a bit of a annoying problem the home network is as follows, 2 desktops, 2 laptops, ps3, wii, psp, and a ds. all are wireless, except ps3 which is ethernet. not all are on at same time, 3 at most. with 1 of the desktops it has suddenly become impossable to connect, all other devices work fine. i thought it could of been the adapter plugged in the desktop, but i used another adapter on the desktop, same problem happens. i have tried every solution i can think of, but the message i get is 'connected with limited access' and 'unidentified network'.

i know the router is fine as i downloaded a 5.6 gb film on the ps3 lastnite, and it was recieving around 2mb a second, which is normal for our area.

please help.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Firstly, does it work if you connect it by ethernet cable?

Have you added any new devices recently?

Is your wireless network adaptor driver up to date? Go into Device Manager to check this.

When you have done this you might have a look at this article to see if the TCP/IP needs resetting.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...