We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can't open attachment

pomerian

Likes # 0

I have Windows XP home edition and I think IE7 a Friend has sent me some pictures as an attachment to an email but I can't open them when I try screen shows ;- In blue at top of window, C/documents and settings\Temporary internet files\content.IE5\SWY... in window, This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Creat an association in the folder Options control panel. I don't know what that means, I should like to get the piotures can anyone help please.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The attachment requires a Program File Association (ie: it needs to know what to open it with) Follow this LINK enter link description here

Like this post
pomerian

Likes # 0

It says it is a microsoft slide show what do I do now ?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

What do you mean by You think a friend sent you some picture. Did a friend send you picture or not. You will have heard of spam and viruses I am hoping.Make sure the pictures have actually come from a friend before trying to open them.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Cronus - read it again. I think what pomerian is saying is I have Windows XP home edition and I think IE7 but then goes on to say a Friend has sent me some pictures as an attachment

Like this post
pomerian

Likes # 0

northumbria61 that's right forgot to put a comma after IE7. would still like to see the pictures any ideas anyone

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Do you have PowerPoint program? Right-click on the attachment and select Open with, browse to PowerPoint.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Why not ask your friend as to the format used ? Ask what program was used to create images and then you will know what program you need.

Like this post
pomerian

Likes # 0

Problem now fixed have installed Power Point Reader from Microsoft site thanks for help

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Worth a green tick?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...