We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error Message - Cannot find Display Adapter

peteroliphant

Likes # 0

Problem 1 - I have been cleaning up an old tower PC for my Grandaughter and have inadvertantly removed the programme & driver for the Samsung Syncmaster 710V monitor.

I have the CD from the original installation but when I attempt to download I get the following message :-

Cannot find Display adater Install Video card First ( Error Code 13)

The monitor does display but on a number of occasions just goes blank and I have to re-boot many times before it displays again.

Problem 2 - The PC does not have a modem and I have obtained a Belkin G Wirelesss USB Network Adapter and when I try to install I got the following message:-

Notebook card is not found. Insert your notebook card to activate the driver.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Did you get a CD install disc with your Belkin USB Network Adapter? If so you need to install the software first.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try reinstalling your motherboard drivers if you have the disc.

Like this post
peteroliphant

Likes # 0

yes I have installed the disc but did not get any internet connection but now the monitor is blank and cannot do anything until I resolve the monitor problem.

Peter

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at rear of case to see if you have two VGA connections. You might have a video card and on board video.

Like this post
peteroliphant

Likes # 0

Hi Dave

I am sending these messages from my lap top. The current problem is that I keep booting up the tower however monitor remains blank. I do have the original intel disc for the motherboard and tried to load but screen again went blank. sometimes it boots and comes back on but other times no.

I only have one VGA connection on the tower.

I am a dinosaur when it comes to PC's

Pete

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check the connecting cable from PC to monitor to see if the connections are ok. Try another cable if you have one.

Like this post
peteroliphant

Likes # 0

Hi dave

I am afraid that this is a software issue. The PC has been connected and running OK before I started my clean up campaign.

I have just tried to reload the intel software and all have failed. The messages that I receive related to the video card & notebook card - are these the same thing?

I have had monitor after 4 attempts to re-boot and loaded restore point from the intel Express Installer CD, it is now re-booting - however I do expect a blank screen.

I will leave alone and see if it boots up after some time

Pete

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses