We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cant play a burn audio disk

frenchman96

Likes # 0

The problem is, I would burn a cd for my son, and he cannot play it on his system. His system is/was a very expensive Bang & Oelson and consists of a radio/cassette player/record player/cd player (which takes 6 cd's).

I have just visited a neighbour to try my burnt disks on his system, and they play fine, so then I rang a B & O seller, and he thinks it might be the age of the system which is at least 15 years old.

If this is the case, do you think there is a different format I should burn them to, if its possible.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

PS I assume the disc was indeed burnt in audio format, not .WAV or .MP3 ?Not sure on older B& O systems which files can be read.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

May be worth a call to these people:

http://bangolufsenn21.blogspot.com/20110901_archive.html

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Have you tried burning at the slowest speed possible.Also try another brand of disc.

Just a thought you are burning to write once cd's and not rewritable cd's?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You'll need a burner that has the option to burn to Audio CD, not WAV etc, as previously stated above. CDA

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

B&O expensive does not mean its all that good. Anyway all as said except again did you perhaps use an RW assome older machines will baulk at them the fact it plays on a neighbours suggests your recording is ok as to being a CD audio and finalised assuming his only plays CD audio

Like this post
frenchman96

Likes # 0

Yes, I did use a cd-r, it was finalised, and by now, I think I can guess that his machine is the culprit.

I am calling there today so I will take a few burnt disks to try.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Did you burn some at the lowest speed possible?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July