We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tosh Equium Driver Install

jimforrest

Likes # 0

Hi chaps - I have a spare Toshiba Equium A200 laptop and it had Vista on it. I got sick of Vista on it so I installed XP Prof. The only trouble is none of the aux bits work (Touchpad - Wireless etc) so I went onto the Tosh Support site and found 36 drivers are required. The only trouble is that each driver must be downloaded separately (!) and they are all .zip files. To make it worse I can download straight onto the Equium until some of the drivers are installed! So I'm downloading each one onto another laptop - but what do I do with them then? I can put them on a stick or a CD. Do I then run each driver? There must be an easier way of doing this - any good ideas?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Once you have the LAN driver or wireless card driver copied over by USB and installed then you can download the rest straight onto the Tosh

Like this post
jimforrest

Likes # 0

Great idea .... but ..... I downloaded the touchpad and wireless adaptor drivers and ran them on the Tosh. The Touchpad now works fine. But the wireless adaptor recognises the wireless network, has the right WEP key in it, and yet refuses to connect! I've been through the Network Wizard jobbies etc all to no avail. What's really annoying is that it keeps telling me that a network is available but it won't connect (and doesn't say why). Have I missed something?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features