We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New PC Build - Opinions wanted

natoRRR

Likes # 0

So I am building a couple of reasonably high quality PC's for myself and my brother - basically want them to be good enough to play the top current games for the next 2-3 years and cost around £1000-1200

Things I dont need currently: Hard drives, mouse, keyboard, monitor, NIC card, soundcard - I have all of these from current machines.

Ive not been in touch with all the latest stuff, so just wanted some opinions of people who hopefully have their fingers on the pulse.

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Rev.3.0 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 CPU: Intel CPU Core i5 Unlocked 2500K Sandy Bridge Quad Core GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti "Phantom" 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express RAM: Corsair Vengeance JetBlack 16GB DDR3 1600MHz XMP Dual Channel Desktop Case: AKASA Venom Strike PSU: Seasonic X-850 850W PSU

I think I am only 100% set on the CPU atm, so if anyone has ideas to build around that then Im all ears - I want a beastly GPU maximum £300-350 though and I dont want a ropey mobo. RAM I am a bit lost but found that 16gb available for £115 so thought it wasnt too bad price wise and corsair are always a good bet. Case, well - I read a review about 6months or so ago about a case that looked similar, I like the idea of hiding the wires away so would want a case quite similar inside. PSU can change but much prefer modular.

Thanks for any help =)

Like this post
natoRRR

Likes # 0

No idea why it didnt space it well ;) below bit more readable..

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Rev.3.0 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155

CPU: Intel CPU Core i5 Unlocked 2500K Sandy Bridge Quad Core

GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti "Phantom" 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express

RAM: Corsair Vengeance JetBlack 16GB DDR3 1600MHz XMP Dual Channel Desktop

Case: AKASA Venom Strike

PSU: Seasonic X-850 850W PSU

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...