We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do i know what memory i need to buy

eysha
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, i have just bought a Samsung netbook NC110 and want to add memory to it. It has only one gig of memory but can be upgraded to two gigs, only one slot. I know how to get the memory out but it doesn't tell me what it is exactly and what to buy to upgrade it.

The chip reads - GB 1RX8PC3-10600S-09-11-BZ MADE IN CHINA M471B2873GB0-CH9 SE 134 BCH9 K4B 1G08466 GOF 361HZ

My second question is, instead of wasting this one gig of memory can i use it in my Toshiba A300 and add to that?

Many thanks E.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

If you go to the Crucial Technologies website and let them do a scan,they will tell you.

Like this post  
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Tullie's right. That's by far the best way forward. Scan your NC110 with the Crucial tool, find out what kind of memory it uses, then run the same scan on your Toshiba and see if the Crucial tool indicates that they both use the same memory.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The numbers M471B2873GB0-CH9 you have posted mean that you have SAMSUNG 1G DDR3-1333 PC3-10600S Ram in your laptop.

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

Many thanks, i have now ordered the memory and have fingers crossed it works. E.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

If I am correct - if you used the Crucial scan tool and ordered from Crucial with the results of that scan the components ordered are guaranteed to work or your money back.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

7 lessons Apple could learn from Microsoft (yeah, you read that right)