We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Two Favorites folders?

collinsc

Likes # 0

Hi I'm trying to locate my favorites folder.

I am using vista. I have gone to the c drive>users>favorites (i am the only user) however the favorites in there appear to be folders which i have previously deleted from the web browser - and some folders which dont appear which i have added to the vista web browser.

might there be another favorites folder somewhere!?

thanks

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

woolwell- i want to just copy them and then import them to a new laptop. ive found the folder you mention, however cant see a folder specifically for 'bookmarks' that i could copy.

you are right i have copied IE favorites, so i want to find the folder with the bookmarks.

the folder you mention has other folder like :cache, databases, extensions, local storage and many others! what do i need to copy over to my new laptop?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You'll have to export them as an html file and then copy to a memory stick and then import the html file. Open bookmark manager and at the top left you should see organise with a drop down arrow to the right of it. Click on the drop down arrow and choose export to html file.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Import is done the same way through bookmark manager.

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

thanks, ill give it a go

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

when i select bookmarks>import bookmarks and settings it give me only the option "microsoft internet explorer" or "google toolbar" - i see no option for me to select the HTML file...

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

wait...! import successful, however they are not showing on the bookmarks.. ill do some playing around and post back if need more help cheers

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Did you import through bookmark manager?

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

yep - all has imported ok! thats the first step!

minor prob... the folder is not aligned to the right of the bookmarks bar... it is to the right of the last icon on the bookmarks bar...

any ideas? thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You may have added a folder to the bookmarks bar instead of in other bookmarks. If you play around in bookmark manager then you should be able to sort it out.

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

yep! resolved. thanks v much

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...