We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Two Favorites folders?

collinsc

Likes # 0

Hi I'm trying to locate my favorites folder.

I am using vista. I have gone to the c drive>users>favorites (i am the only user) however the favorites in there appear to be folders which i have previously deleted from the web browser - and some folders which dont appear which i have added to the vista web browser.

might there be another favorites folder somewhere!?

thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Do a search from your Start Menu - that should bring up any your Favourites Folders that are on your PC.

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

thanks - i did think of that, tried and no luck yet.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try looking in My Documents

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I assume that you are using Internet Explorer.

For IE the favorites should be kept in the folder that you have found. If however you are using a different browser eg Firefox or Chrome then their favorites/bookmarks are kept in a different location.

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

i use both chrome and occasionally IE. The favorites i am concerned about are the ones on chrome.

not in 'my documents' - hmm different location eh, where might that be? searching for a folder name or a favorite name has not located them...

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

i use both chrome and occasionally IE. The favorites i am concerned about are the ones on chrome.

not in 'my documents' - hmm different location eh, where might that be? searching for a folder name or a favorite name has not located them...

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try pressing Ctrl+Shift+B to show the 'bookmark manager' (which is a window that shows ALL your bookmarks, imported and otherwise). Works in Win 7 but not sure about Vista.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Should have added that Favourites in Chrome are know as Bookmarks enter link description here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I run Vista and Chrome and ctrl+shift+B toggles the bookmarks bar. Right click on the bar and you find bookmark manager.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The bookmarks for Chrome are stored in "\Users{user name}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default" on Vista but you cannot edit them there. That has to be done through bookmark manager.

The Favorites is for Internet Explorer. You may have imported IE favorites into Chrome.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft's all or nothing bet on Windows Phone is the best way forward

IDG UK Sites

Google adds better type rendering to its Chrome browser on Windows