We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Chrome and Privacy

badgermansix

Likes # 0

I was talking to a neighbour about Google Chrome. He told me that there was a Security issue with it that he did not like, this was the fact that it records everything that you do forever. Although I do not have a problem about where I visit (I'm a good boy I am!)is this true about Google Chrome keeping your history? Any Comments about this please?

Thank you

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

That could be said about any browser. They all store your browsing history somewhere on the machine. You can usually clear your browsing history in all the browsers in the preferences, including Google Chrome. If I want to be really paranoid just go into the system files and look for and delete the profile folder, you will of course delete all your bookmarks, but they should be backed up somewhere anyway.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Open up Chrome with no other tabs active, then click the spanner icon and go to Options, Under The Bonnet and at the top of the page (under Privacy), click on Clear Browsing Data, then on the dialogue box that pops up, change the drop down to read "the beginning of time" and then check all the boxes and then click the Clear browsing data button.

A short cut to the dialogue box is to open up Chrome and hit CTL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously

Like this post
badgermansix

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate what you have said but I think he was referring to storage of info online at google gold, the same as yahoo do apparentley?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This is their Privacy Notice.

Like this post
badgermansix

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13, I think that will do to answer the question.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite