We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Happauge HD PVR (model 1228) Software install problem

Carol Sco

Likes # 0

Have bought one of these for my son and have installed the drivers no problem but it comes bundled with Arcsoft total media for video capture and conversion and I can't install the application. I get an error "Device not registered" I have attempted to run the install using the compatibility trouble shooter but it has not helped (windows 7) Have looked on Arcsoft and Happauge website but have not been able to find any help. Any suggestions appreciated it was the kids xmas gift and I am currently in the dog house.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Don't know much about your PVR but try installing the software first before attaching the device (this works for printers,scanners etc) If still encountering a problem with Arcsoft install try disabling any Anti-Virus that you have installed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...