We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Router (Netgear) access problems.

daisy2bell

Likes # 0

Hi Win 7 Home premium 64 bit sp1 Netgear DG834GT firmware V1.03.23 ( it's the latest)

The problem, when I go to "Wireless Station Access List" to try and delete an entry in order to add a new device, on clicking on delete I get the following message:

"No data received Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data. Here are some suggestions: Reload this webpage later. Error 324 (net::ERREMPTYRESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data."

I do have a connection to the internet.

This happens both on wired and wifi connections, and on safari (latest version) and IE9

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Try disabling the wired network adapter (by turning it off in device manager), turning off the wifi (preferably by unticking any radio button etc you might have in its software), restarting, turning back on one of your network connections then trying again. You might want to also try repeating but turning off your anti virus/firewall (but dont forget to turn it back on again!)

WTM

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It look like a bug in the latest firmware. Have a read here, especially the last post.

Like this post
daisy2bell

Likes # 0

Thanks WTM

Unfortunately that doesn't work

Thanks rdave13

You could be correct there.

I will have to try a previous firmware and see if that works.

As a temporary fix, I have put my old netgear router on, and deleted / added the required items.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...