We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Word for Windows XP Pro?

Markito

Likes # 0

Firstly, a Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!

I have now lost patience with the Ability Office 4 suite supplied with my laptop, and am intending to go back to MS Office, specifically Word, which is the only part I think I'll ever use.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 and I don't want any compatibility issues. Obviously I also need to be able to open and work with files created with my Ability Write and saved as word docs.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the appropriate -and hopefully cheap - version best suited for me?

Many thanks and best wishes.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I used Office97 for many years with XP. You can download it free from here

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

LibreOffice (Formerly OpenOffice)will work fine and give you the compatibility with MS Office 2007/10 formats. Libre Office Download

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

go for open office as 'Taff' suggested its easy and not so heave as microsoft office etc. merry xmas.c.

Like this post
Markito

Likes # 0

Thanks to all three of you.

After some consideration, I opted for LibreOffice which seems to work fine in the short time I have spent on it.

All the best.

Mark

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED