We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't re-open chrome after closing

tonybob6

Likes # 0

Hi Chaps, Really appreciate some help here, I have searched in various places but can't find anything:

Simple problem, not really found an answer - I can go into Chrome and its fine, until I shut the window, but then realise I need the internet for something else, try to reopen it and nothing. I either have to reboot pc or reboot router. It has been happening for a few weeks now, I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled and the problem still occurs. It also does it with IE but not all the time (never use IE only chrome). Not sure if its BTinternet / router / PC or other software (Mcafee?). I have mCcrappe on here (preinstalled :-( )and its generally fine, chrome is on my list of safe sites etc, just seems like a glitch somewhere, a very annoying glitch.

Any ideas?

PC is Dell inspiron , windows 7.

Thanks in advance! And merry xmas!

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Not a solution, but maybe try Firefox and see if that creates same problem. You can then at least eliminate the browsers as being the culprit(s).

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have a look in task manager after you have closed Chrome and see if it is still shown. It is possible that it isn't closing properly and therefore is unable to open.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

It could be a corrupt file in your Google Chrome folder, this happens in Firefox sometimes. You could try in-installing Google Chrome and deleting the profile folder which I think is located in C:\Users(Your user name)\AppData\Local\Google

It will almost certainly delete your bookmarks, hopefully you have made a backup of them.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Of course, re-installing Google Chrome will generate a new profile folder.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more