We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connect laptop to my network

johnincrete

Likes # 0

A new ADSL network has been installed having a wireless router in my apartment. Downstairs in the basement office, my computer is plugged into a socket that comes from the router. The laptop is old and does not have wireless in it so I've attached a device through the USB and it picks up the network. The connection display info says it is validating the connection. The installer entered a login ID & password for me. What does validating the connection mean? How do I get connected?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Without knowing exactly what you have it can be difficult to provide specific instructions. However, this site has some very good and simple instructions that should resolve your problems. If you start at the top and then select 'How to Manually Configure Home Networking Devices' as the next option from the list at the bottom all should be clear and your questions answered.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded