We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot get a Silvercrest Toshiba 500gb HD to show on my vista

pcdimwit

Likes # 0

laptop, I have had this problem before on this Asus X58L laptop, the Silvercrest Mobox doesnt show at all with C & D drive and the E drive for the DVD drive. BUT If I open up device manager in control panel from Start menu I DO see that there are Three hard drives, C, D, and one showing as Hitachi-HTS542351K9SA00 and MOBOX Silvercrest USB device. My question is: how can I make this Silvercrest external usb drive appear in the "computer" section in start menu - I have had problems like this before with this Da**ed laptop, it doesnt show it installing a driver in the lower task bar and then just say that it has all been installed corectly. This is a Vista laptop with very little use, and I am a PCDIMWIT, this Silvercrest USB drive (from Lidl) works FINE on my acer windows XP computer just fine. Hope someone can tell me what I have to do??? thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide