We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 question

Bike-it

Likes # 0

I received my new Sony Vaio laptop today which is running windows 7 home premium, but on the taskbar at the bottom right hand side of the screen there is no network icon, its the icon with the two small screens with the blue ball, how can i go about enabling this so the icon is visible,

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

W7 doesn't have that, but there is a workaround, read this other thread on pca

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/383432/network-icon-in-system-tray-please/

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Right click Task Bar Properties/Taskbar Tab/Customize

When new to W7, Google Windows 7 Tips and Tricks Forums.

It's been out 2 years now. I had trouble at first. Plenty to be found.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Although the new icon is a telly with a plug showing on the left. In the notificaton ares click on the up arrow head, click customoze and when you see the Network Icon then select 'Show Icon and Norifications'. Select OK at the bottom of the window.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What's happened to my spellchecker? :(

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Now 32Bit or 64Bit I have both and the 32Bit computer is much faster to start up and shut down.So maybe best staying where you are.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops sorry posted that on the wrong thread,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014: A reflection

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?