We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is Firefox 8.0 the latest?

Onizuka

Likes # 0

Every time I open Firefox 8.0 the start page tells me I'm not on the latest version and that I should "upgrade today". Yet "About Firefox" says that it is up to date.

Can anyone explain this please?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Is the installation corrupt?

FF8 is the latest but maybe you have 8.0.0 rather than 8.0.1.

Like this post
Onizuka

Likes # 0

johndrew

I suppose that it's possible that the installation is corrupt but how can I tell? Also, if I have 8.0.0 rather than 8.0.1 why am I not given the option to install it?

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

The final version of Firefox 9 is available for manual download today enter link description here

I believe that the auto update within Firefox should work from tomorrow.

Like this post
Onizuka

Likes # 0

johndrew

I'm afraid I posted my response to you before I clicked on "latest" which took me to the page with 8.0.1 which I then downloaded.

After having done so I then saw cocteau48's post and have now upgraded to Firefox 9.

Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction. I'm not sure how to mark this as resolved but it is.

Like this post
Onizuka

Likes # 0

I was a little premature yesterday in stating that the problem was resolved as I am still getting the start page telling me that I am not on the latest version and that I should upgrade. This is with Firefox 9. I can only assume that johndrew's suggestion that the installation may be corrupt is the case, but, as I said yesterday, how can I tell and what can I do about it?

I had also overlooked the fact that, as happened initially with previous versions of Firefox, Kaspersky Pure Password Manager does not work with Firefox 9 so I am minded to revert to Firefox 8 until Kaspersky can issue a patch.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July