We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Works address labels

geedad

Likes # 0

I am using MS Works, and I have nearly managed to get to the stage when I can print address labels. On PRINT PREVIEW all I see is 4 addresses , on the left-hand column of an A4 page. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to show a complete set of addresses of 8x3 (24 addresses). If I printed the labels as shown I would waste 13 sheets of paper! Anyone know how to set this up,please? I have previously had some good advice from fellow forum members on this, but I thought I would start a new posting. geedad

(Something wrong with this Forum's input method - keyboard/wireless mouse)?

Like this post
beeuuem

Likes # 0

Does this help http://computerhelpzone.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-make-address-labels-using.html? Of course, if you don't have a database you can setup the page as a label sheet and type the addresses in manually. Remember each label is a page as far as the printer is concerned, so one complete sheet will be pages 1 - 24.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In your previous thread you were only able to print 4 labels too. I am beginning to wonder about your data source. I think that you need to go back to your Works Spreadsheet (which isn't Excel) and have a look at it.

Also when you insert the address, etc you are able to move to the next record and see what that looks like. Are you bale to view more than 4 records doing that?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

For those not aware this was the previous thread. Probably useful to read it to get the background information.

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

beeuuem

Thanks, will look at that and come back to you.

Woolwell "In your previous thread you were only able to print 4 labels too. I am beginning to wonder about your data source." Sorry, Woollwell, sometimes it's difficult to explain the whole sequence of events, but the Print Preview shows me 4 addresses on 1 A4 sheet, followed by another set of 4 on another a4 page, so continuing until ALL addresses have finished. So, all of the addresses ARE there but willl only print 4 addresses at a time on each A4 sheet. There is another dialogue box that I have looked at which shows options for columns and rows. I have asked for 8 in a column and 3 in a row, but nothing changes on Print Preview. So,, nearly there!? geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

beeuuem.

Many thanks for your great link, works fine now! See Woolwell. geedad

Woolwell

You were quite right! I was using the wrong source for my database. I followed the link that 'beeuuem' (Posted Today at 10:40AM), and the addresses, from a small trial database, came out beautifully! All lined up perfectly, and now the problem is solved, thanks to you and other forum members. geedad

Like this post
beeuuem

Likes # 0

I'm very pleased to hear that all is now well. As with all these things - it's easy when you know how !! Merry Christmas

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...