We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Laser printer prints a smear down side of page

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

HP 2055D mono laser has been behaving itself beautifully since new, until now!

It is about 1/3rd of the way through its first refill and has started to print a smear down the left side of a sheet of A4 plus very faint repeated characters about the same distance as the circumference of the drum of the "photo conductive drum" as Epson would have called a predecessor.

The removable guts of this printer seem to be assembled and sealed by some mysterious process making any dismantling a one-way process.

It is possible, just, to wipe the green drum free of any toner, but in the past with another printer toner stuck on the drum would produce blank spots, not dark smudges.

Anyone with experience of this?

I refilled the toner early this year from a very well designed kit, but this time I think I shall have (as HP intended) to buy the complete refill/drum unit?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Some help here?

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13

A very helpful link. I tried the halfway test and it confirmed the fuser is faulty. This would explain the series of happenings which I hadn't had before.

The old Epson laser I had before was at the budget end of the market and saw off at least two toner packages before I gave it away in the family. It became almost impossible to depend on a second side because the paper pathway was so primitive. You get what you pay for!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback