We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free Label maker software

geedad

Likes # 0

Anyone know a simple FREE label maker? I have MS Works, but the label maker on that seems to only print 4 addresses on a whole A4 page. I have created a list in Works Excel, and just need a simple program to make labels, perhaps with about 7 fields and font choice.

geedad

Like this post
Pepper9

Likes # 0

Try Avery - they have free downloads but whether for Works I'm not sure.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

geedad

Avery Wizard works fine. But you can also stick Free Label software in to Google and see what else comes up. There are a number of free ones around.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

TonyV - I am fairly sure that Avery Wizard is for Office not Works. have you used it with Works?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

geedad - which version of Works are you using. I've just tried creating labels using the works word processor and data from it spreadsheet and I get the full range of labels. Did you use print preview to see how the result looks as I only had one label until then.

If you open Works help and in the search box type mail then list topics and then open "creating advanced mail merge documents" it shows how. If you get stuck come back.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I have just checked it out and you are correct. I've had a copy of Avery Software for years, but have only used in Office variations.

I suppose the other obvious choice is to use Open Office and it's Label maker. Then use that instead of fighting Works.

TonyV

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

TonyV - I agree OpenOffice or LibreOffice are better than Works.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

geedad

This may well help you. Avery Works

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

geedad

The above was for the Avery information and Templates etc, not for you to buy the Works software!!

TonyV

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

Pepper9 This is my second attempt at replying to you! I repeat - I am sorry that I did not mention that I am trying to use Avery's excellent program DesignPro on my Intel i5 PC with pre-installed Works. Previously, and with no problems whatsoever, and with the very good service from Avery, I was using their Avery Label Wizard to great effect on my old XP and MS Office 1997. The DesignPro software is also free, but I can only print 4 labels on a whole page as yet, on my new PC using Works Excel.

I do apologize for not recognising that my earlier reply to you did not 'go through' as I intended. That is a mystery!

woolwell.

You are correct. Avery Label Wizard ONLY works in OFFICE.Thank you for your offer of further help.

TonyV Thank you. I will try OPen Office label maker, and see how I get on with that . geedad

Sorry for the large font size - I don't know how that happened! Who does one contact if there is a problem with this forum?

I am finding it extremely difficult to edit/type into this forum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?