We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Notebook Model No NP-N130-KA03UK

pippybuchanan

Likes # 0

Hi. The battery on this slightly more than 1 year old machine will only charge to 80%. So we purchased a new battery, which will also only charge to 80%. Seems like there must be something else going on? Has anyone got any ideas about where to look now to get the battery up to 100%?

Thanks!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

iscanut

thankyou for reply, just await the reply from sunsung now

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

samsung support replied still say 1gb is max . my netbook is a 110 model perhaps the 130 is better.

Like this post
pippybuchanan

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone for this really helpful discussion, especially knowing that Samsung support do not recommend upgrading the RAM. Its still really tempting to give the upgrade a try and keep the old 1G ram ready to switch it back if there are problems with the netbook freezing up. Is there a downside to trying it?

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

It either will work or not, give it a go if you can afford to "waste" the cost of the new Ram if it does not work.

Like this post
pippybuchanan

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks to all who replied to my post and pointed me to Samsung Support. I have had the following reply from them which indicates that the Netbook will take an upgrade to 2G RAM.

The memory specifications for NP-N130 are as follows:

Memory type: 200 Pin SO DIMM DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz Slots/banks:1 Standard memory:1Gb removable Maximum memory:2Gb

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

looks like i should have bought a 130 and not a 110. let us know if the extra ram helps

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015