We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Notebook Model No NP-N130-KA03UK

pippybuchanan

Likes # 0

Hi. The battery on this slightly more than 1 year old machine will only charge to 80%. So we purchased a new battery, which will also only charge to 80%. Seems like there must be something else going on? Has anyone got any ideas about where to look now to get the battery up to 100%?

Thanks!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

in the settings of a samsung you should have an option for preserving the life of the battery if you opt in it will only charge to 80% instead of 100% no idea how this helps but i have set my samsung to the 80% option.

Like this post
pippybuchanan

Likes # 0

Oh thanks so much that is probably the problem. I do not recall opting in, but my human memory is a bit lax and it certainly would make sense.

A further question: I now want to upgrade the RAM memory and have seen memory card upgrades for an additional gig of memory advertised on line inexpensively - supposedly for this model computer.

Is it possible to upgrade this model which has only 1 gig and can be a bit slow at times? Should I go to Samsung for the chip, or can I source it on line from anywhere?

Thanks!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Best to use the Crucial scanner - that will tell what is fitted and what can be fitted (most netbooks only have one RAM slot) here

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

if you have a netbook speak to samsung support. i had a long discussion with them over updating from 1g to 2g of RAM and they advised against it as they were getting many problems with the net book freezing up on 2g of RAM. As a result i left mine at 1g.

at time of purchase pcworld also told me similar.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

I have upgraded my Samsung NP-NC10 netbook to 2GB and had no problems at all.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

ICF

likewise, but perhaps the 130 doesn't like it?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ICF

thanks for posting that info, i will ring samsung & ask again.

Like this post
The Old Mod

Likes # 0

I've upgraded the ram from 1gb to 2gb on my N150 Plus with no problems.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I have emailed samsung support to clear up the ram upgrade, await a reply.

is it just a matter of unscrewing the memerory flap on the base of the lappy and swopping the 1g ram to a 2g ram. not opened up net/lap books before.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Yest it is that simple. I have done it with my Samsung metbook

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks