We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Xbox 360 HD through LCD TV and AV cable

Mutant_Llama

Likes # 0

Just a quick question regarding Xbox and HD...

I recently purchased a cable that allows me to play my xbox through a PC monitor, which was fine. I now have a HD flatscreen TV which has a PC monitor style connection (actually labelled 'PC'), so can I use my existing Xbox PC cable with the LCD TV and play in HD? If not, I will go and buy an xbox HDMI cable instead.

Thanks!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You will not get HD through the VGA connection on the TV you will need the xbox HDMI cable instead

Like this post
NewestRoyWidd1

Likes # 0

I use my Xbox with an HDMI cable,but don't waste your money on the"official" Xbox one,if there is an Argos store near you,they do a much cheaper cable which I think is Bush,just as good and does the job perfectly.

Like this post
Mutant_Llama

Likes # 0

Cheers, have just ordered a £4.99 Alba version from Argos, collecting it tonight!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia