We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Mail Contacts List

Honorary Aussie

Likes # 0

In the last few days my Windows Mail has gone on the blink.

Each time I open up the program I find that the link to the contacts list has broken. On running Windows Explorer I find that the folder has moved and has duplicated itself, occasionally several times. The operating system won't allow me to move it back to the correct location, nor will it allow me to deleted the rogue folders. So I've copied the contents to a pen drive and copy it back in each time I need it. Can anyone advise me what's caused this and how can I remedy the problem?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Is it Windows Mail or Windows Live mail..

If windows live mail go to add remove and highlight windows live essentials and press delete.It should open up and ask which program you want to repair or delete,Just click on Windows Live mail and press delete.[ Now not sure if that would delete all your saved mail or not but I would not think so].

Then just install windows live mail again.

Well thats how it works with W/7 so should be the same with them all.

If Windows mail I suppose there should be an easy method of removing that as well.

But best to wait till someone can give you better advice.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is this Vista with Windows Mail and Windows Contacts or W7 or is it Live Mail with XP?

Like this post
Honorary Aussie

Likes # 0

I've got Windows Mail running on Vista

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't use either Windows Contacts or Windows Mail so I'm guessing a bit. Does Windows Contacts on its own open correctly? Is the folder under your account name and is that an account with administrator rights?

I would consider moving to Windows Live Mail which is an improvement of Windows Mail.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you do go down the Live Mail route then you should read this Import of Windows Contacts

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia