We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

All my incoming emails have disappeared!

kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Any ideas, please as to what I have done/or my system has! All was well until I switched on my PC last night.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Detail Detail Details.What email service? any errors messages? any previous problems? and anything else you might think will help us understand your problem.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Try setting up a new email account (e.g. gmail) and send a test message to yourself,if this works OK, contact your ISP, where your emails should still be on their server and ask them to resend them.

Terry

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Thanks for answering. Using gmail through Mozilla Firefox. Have checked, and all my incoming stuff has disappeared from gmail, AND Mozilla. Pretty sure I didn't delete these mails, and missing a good number of fairly vital messages.

Clutching at straws here, but the last program I used was iTunes (and even that DIDN'T send me the new ID as it promised).Don't use iTunes often and forgot my ID. Have I got a virus, or just senility?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Kim, it may be something simple like you've changed the view so that only unread messages are displayed.

Before we can advise further you're going to need to tell us which e-mail program you use.

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

No good, all mails still missing. Are you saying that my ISP(Virgin Media)has possibly caused this? Is there an email for them?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Can you log into Virgin, and check your messages on the server?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

From the 9.40 am post kimtrnc appears to be accessing gmail through Firefox ie webmail. They could have gone from the server if they have been downloaded onto an e-mail client or smartphone.

Has any other access, other than Mozilla Firefox, been made to gmail? Have you looked in the spam and bin folders?

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Life and the internet are a complete mystery to me - all my lost emails came back this morning....I don't know which one of you clever people did this, or if it was coincidence... Thanks for your help

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"all my lost emails came back this morning"

That's a relief - thanks for the feedback :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund