We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Audio drivers needed

bob.
Resolved

Likes # 0

Anyone know where I can get the audio drivers for a Packard Bell I-media 1208 running XP home.

The drivers on the install disk do not work and a visit to the PB site brings up nothing. No look with google.

Thanks in advance.

Like this post
bob.

Likes # 0

Even no luck with google.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Navigate Desktop and iMedia here for PTxxxx numbers.

Or click Old Link for older models.

They may not reference it as a 1208.

Try SIW Freeware download to see if you can find another model or look again on the label.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Go through Packard Bell's site, follow instructions for your model.

Like this post
bob.

Likes # 0

thanks robinofloxley and rdave13.

Already done all that. It's on board sound, realteck '97. Even the the motherboard website hasn't got the drivers and the realteck one's will not work.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Could be that the on-board sound chip has died. I'd look for a sound card to fix the problem.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

SIW will tell you exactly what Realtek you have. Check the Realtek website again. Maybe you got the wrong one.

Sorry I can't suggest anything more. Good Luck.

Like this post
bob.

Likes # 0

Starting to think that rdave13 is right.

When realteck drivers installed there are no conflicts in device manager. When opening sound and audio devices in control panel it reports " no device ". Speakers are fine and work on a windows 7 and Mac.

Will close thrtead and order a pci audio card for it and report back if it gets going.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...