We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Colour Problems...

bloodnock

Likes # 0

Hi, My Monitors missing a whole range of Colours, Its like one of the Colour guns is not working.

I dont think its the Monitor as when it starts up the wee box that mentions the Screen resolution has all its Colours. It started after I moved the PC and I bent some of the Pins in the Monitor to PC cable. I replaced it with a new cable but to no avail.

Now I have no Greens or Yellows, only reds and Blues.

Any Ideas what else it Might be, The Graphics card was removed ages ago and as far as I nkow its been running fine just on its built in graphics...Until now that is.

I have fiddled with every concievable colour control but it dont help any.

Im On Microsoft Vista 32 bits on a 4 year old Median PC, The Monitors a Proview.

Any Advice or help would be much appreciated...Blood.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

have you rechecked pins etc? it sounds like your green feed or gun is not working

johnny

Like this post
bloodnock

Likes # 0

I really cant see anything of the female Pin holes, all the Male pins are on the Monitor lead and its brand new and they all line up anf fit in with ease, Ive had the casing off the PC but looks like its all part of the motherboard. Ive wiggled them and Shoogled them hoping to create a better contact but its made no differance.

Like i say, it has no dedicated graphics card..that was removed by the technician to stop the PC Video from freezing.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Can you try the PC on another monitor just to rule out a fault with the PC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

Will I be affected by VAT MOSS? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers