We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem In Scrolling on Webb

amyjen7

Likes # 0

Why am I experiencing difficulty in scrolling up and down of Webb pages using the mouse wheel.Instead of moving the page up or down it simply stretches the page making it unreadable."Woolwell" asked if perhaps I had recently altered the mouse settings or perhaps the ctrl button was sticking resulting in my zooming the page. No to the first suggestion and as for the ctrl button its seems OK as I have no problems other than on Webb pages. Its a mystery I know and I would love to know the answer rather than go to the expense of taking it up with my local PC repairer.I run Vista Home Premium, my provider is Tiscali and I have the up to date Internet Explorer 9 and its a tower PC Any help would be very appreciated Thank you Kind regards Tags: scrolling webb pages

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There was no need to start another thread - Old thread

Have you tried a different mouse? Do the page up/page down buttons work ok?

Like this post
amyjen7

Likes # 0

I haven't tried a new mouse but the up/down page buttons don't work on the Webb but is OK on documents . Does this help and can you throw more light on the problem. I don't have a spare mouse but if you feel this might be the answer I can go out and buy one. Thank You for your response and hope to hear further. Kind regards

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Some answers

here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Does the mouse work ok on documents too?

Try running IE9 without add-ons - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Internet Explorer (no add-ons) and see if the scroll works ok then.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features