We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is the best ADSL wifi router with modem for a BT broadband?

walber

Likes # 0

Hello there,

I would like to have some help please.

I leave in a house with 3 floors and we are 8 housemates trying to use the Internet at night. The signal is very weak on the last floor of the house. I have an old BT Homebub (about 3/4 years) but I can't have the latest BT Infinity Hub in my area yet.

So I have been told that if I buy one of the latest routers it would help to solve my problem. I know there is a Netgear N600 or N300 and a Belkin N600 but could someone help me to decide which one could be the best one please?

Thanks.

Walber

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

What I would do is buy a second hand router - netgear or Belkin and buy the longest ethernet cable you can, about 10M. Connect the cable to the BT hub and the new router and use the new router as a wireless access point. To get the cable & router up a floor I have run the cable out of a window, and back in one floor up.

A slightly more expensive option is to use Homeplugs / powerline adapters to connect the two routers.

Like this post
walber

Likes # 0

Thanks for your suggestion.

Like this post
adumapul

Likes # 0

BT Voyager 2110 Wireless ADSL Router

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites