We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advanced System Care Pro

algernonymous

Likes # 0

When I run ASC (the free version) it flashes the names of files it is scanning along the bottom. Some of these are actually preceded by the word 'Trojan' so I'm guessing these are baddies. However, when the fix has completed it tells me there are still a number of infected files on my PC but these can only be removed if I upgrade to the Pro version. Now I don't mind paying for this if it's going to do the job so what are the thoughts of the learned gentlemen (and ladies) on this forum of this program. Is it worth paying for? (is there something better?)

P.S. When I run Avast it reports no problems.

Thanks.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try Malwarebytes.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

ASC Pro Still free from here I believe.

http://www.downloadcrew.co.uk/?act=article&id=21777

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suspect false positives in order to get you to buy. Run Malwarebytes and see if anything turns up.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I've been looking for a free upgrade for ASC Pro, but buteman link says it's a Christmas offer for $7-95. I don't know what the normal price is but for about £5 it sounds good.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I have just found the free offer on buteman site, it's on the right hand side of the article in a panel leading to another site. I didn't see it at first because I was using Firefox which is giving me trouble still on graphics but as soon as I switched to IE, there it was. Offer expires at end month and for $7-95 you can get version 5Pro.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Muergo

It gives you the download for version 4 pro from C-Net at the top and further down the page it gives you the keycode to use. Valid till the 31 December.

And like you say Version 5 pro if you want it for $7.95

I do not use it myself but ideal for those that do.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I am a bit concerned about the analysis that ASC showed up. I downloaded version 5free trial and it came up offering Pro for £5.95, well, that's fair enough, but then it says my system is in a "poor" state. Now I've got MSE and SASpro running continuously and daily do a Malwarebytes quick scan, Secunia indicates 100%, so how ASC comes in with that assessment puzzles me. They obviously want to push me into paying.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Muergo

Most programs like that find unexisting problems with the hope that you will purchase it.

Just ignore it if you prefer version 4.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Very peculiar, the free download of ASC 4 PRO worked perfectly at the start but now has reverted to the standard Free version. Has anybody else had this happen?

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

Muergo,

I found the same thing when I allowed the programme to update itself.

I also updated from the 4.2 Pro version to 5.0 and it showed as Pro until an update took place. After that the programme started to nag rather a lot about updating from the free version to Pro.

Peter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room