We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE8

beautiful

Likes # 0

My email page seems to have altered. When opening an email from the list the page usually open fully. Now an icon appears on the bottom bar, and I have to right click to maximize the window. How can I get back to my previous setting? Martin D Sales

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I assume that you are using webmail and not something like Thunderbird, Windows Live mail or Thunderbird. It would help if you told us which ISP or which site you look at for your e-mail.

Like this post
beautiful

Likes # 0

I use Virgin Media for my ISP (cable), and Outlook Express wworking with XP.

Does this answer your question?

Martin S

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This is the only explanation and cure that I have been able to find. Have a look at how to fix it if you have done similar. "a message had apparently been dragged down to about a one pixel size - then closed. Of course that means from then on messages were still one pixel in size when opened - unless I maximized them. They were there all along - I just couldn't see them"

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/165943-solved-outlook-express-messages-open.html

This is the quoted solution:

1 Open a message (on the taskbar)

2 right click the task button, in the pop up menu click on "size."

3 Use the keyboard arrows to make the message big enough to see. I also had to use "move" in the same way to get it back on my screen.

4 From there I could drag the window out like normal, close it, and now messages open full size.

Like this post
beautiful

Likes # 0

Thanks - all sorted

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room