We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Media Player with Windows 7

Gue

Likes # 0

Does anyone know how to remove the dreadful WM Player that comes bundled with Windows 7, so that I can go back and reinstall a previous version of this program that did work?

When is someone going to stop Microsoft selling crap unworkable software to the general public before it has actually been tested and confirmed as working?

I believe Microsoft, should not bundle this with their OS but sell it as a separate piece of software, maybe they would have more interest then in making it work.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

What media player do you intend using if you get rid of wmp?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Alternatives but I like WMP 12.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

What's the problem, there's nothing wrong with it.

By the way you suggest has been foreced on MS in the past due to an idiotic ruling by the EU. It was possible to buy windows without Media Player, but not sure if it still is. No-one was interested.

Like this post
Gue

Likes # 0

Hi Catpwss, rdave13 and ventanas,

Thanks for your replies, sorry not to come back until now but I had an operation recently and have been poorly all through the Christmas period.

I have tried Winamp and Media Monkey, which are OK but I generally don't like the Interface. Funnily enough I like WMP, if it were to work properly, but it doesn't.

For instance you download an LP of someone like amazon, transfer it over to your music folder and then open up WMP, it sometimes doesn't see all of the tracks s, it sometimes sees them all but puts them in to two different album folders named the same with 3 tracks in one folder and 5 tracks in another. You go back to your music folder and there are all the tracks under one album name! Half the time having purchased the album online, I end up having to burn the album to a CD and then ripping the album off this into WMP. This always works but what a complete hassle.

If I could I would like to go back to the version of WMP which came with Microsoft XP............that worked.

Cheers

Steve

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

7 lessons Apple could learn from Microsoft (yeah, you read that right)