We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing Difficulties

shaduf

Likes # 0

I have a Medion Computer running Windows 7 which I use with a Benq EW 2430 Monitor. I run the monitor at 1920 x 1080 resolution which is its recommended resolution.

When I open an email the text runs right across the screen from left to right. No problem you would expect that. However when I try to print the email using my Samsung Laser Printers the text on the right hand edge is missing. In effect the screen is wide screen and the printer is A4. How do I get round that please.

Shaduf

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You could perhaps try downloading the latest firmware and drivers for the printer, from the Samsung website, and see if that helps?.

You could also check your settings for the printer (ie portrait etc)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Which email client do you use on your pc (WLM, Thunderbird etc)? or are you using Webmail from your ISP?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sounds as if you are using webmail. Choose to print in landscape instead of portrait and this will get over your problem.

Like this post
shaduf

Likes # 0

Spuds I have removed my current printer driver and downloaded the Win7 version from Samsung. Makes no difference. I am setting it to portrait mode but still not working. lotvic I am using Windows Live Male. Woolwell I am now going to try printing in Landscape and see what happens. Will be back tomorrow with the results.

To all. Thanks for your attempts to guide me to the solution.

As the man said "I'll be back"

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This may be a better solution Ask Leo how to print e-mails Windows Live Mail

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes