We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do I stop this spam?

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi everyone, I keep getting spammed by someone called "Eric Mitchell" How do I stop this? using Mozilla.

Ray

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are you using Thunderbird or webmail through Firefox (both Mozilla)? Or do you have another e-mail client. You probably need to put this sender on your blocked list.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, I am using Thunderbird, I want to block this sender and I should know to do it but I can`t. Ray

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks but can anyone give a simple answer?

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

block address?

johnny

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could log on to your mail server and mark the emails as Spam or in Thunderbird put sender on Blacklist

Message Filters has option to mark mail as "Junk" http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=148038

http://help.thunderbird.edu/content/whitelist-or-blacklist-email-address

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks to all for your replies. I am going to try woolwells suggestion first but I won`t know for a while if the spam has stopped. Will feed back either way. Ray

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

lotvic's final link is probably easier.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks to all for your help now sorted.

Ray

Like this post  
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Unless you have a massive contact list, the option I use is create filters for the people I want to recieve emails from and leave the rest in the inbox.

That way you can straight to the email you want, have a quick look at the inbox in case anything interesting has turned up .Move to a folder called (e.g. To be checked) and delete the rest

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded