We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

AVG warning - heavy Explorer usage detected?

clock

Likes # 0

For a few weeks now sometimes when I am browsing web pages I get an AVG warning to the affect they have detected heavy Internet Explorer usage on the page I'm viewing (between 250 - 350 Mbs usually)and I should close down and then reconnect.

Question: Is this anything to worry about? I don't have wireless connection so assume no one can "piggyback" my connection?

I have checked disk and everything else and all seems fine, no programmes I shouldn't have, and AVG (paid for) Internet Security only finds cookies.

Clock

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Couple of good links here .

Like this post
clock

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13! I'd done a search on the forum but nothing came up! Have looked at the links and as it appears I can disable it in AVG it can't be anything to worry about so I'll just ignore it for the time being!!

Will consider closed,

Clock

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

The 'excessive usage' warning is a 'feature' of the new AVG and many have commented upon it. In theory it is to help you use less RAM and surf faster.

Personally I feel an AV program should be just that rather than have these sorts of add-ons.

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

I used to get this all the time with the latest AVG, my problem was that I have 17 tabs open at browser (Opera) startup. I have had no problems since disabling the warning.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...