We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

recommended software for resizing screen drawings

kimtrnc

Likes # 0

I am having a bit of a fight with both Painter X and 12. They both seem to decide what size drawing I can have.

Generally, my on-screen drawing ends up either too small or too big. One in particular is annoying me - I drew a mountain view type pic, which prints as approx 8 x 5 - sometimes it is much smaller, and sometimes so big that I can't print it on A3 paper.

What am I doing wrong, please, gurus? Free painting to anyone who can solve this (if you can stand my amazingly beautiful drawings!!!!

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

I have used Corel for years, and admit few others do!

Corel Photopaint at the print preview stage, can be dragged and resized all over the page regardless of chosen paper size.

I would be surprised if there isn't a cheaper program available

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

Gimp is a free photo editor than can do almost anything you need. http://www.gimp.org/

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

For resizing for printing I have choice of different methods,

Using Paint Shop Pro 7 (from Jasc before Corel bought them out) at the print preview stage I can resize by %age

or I can choose the 'Print Multiple Images' option which allows me to grab a corner and resize (I can have just one pic on page - don't have to have multiple pics)

Using Microsoft Word or Publisher - insert picture into Document grab a corner and resize then print.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014: A reflection

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?