We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CCleaner and delete cookies

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

Could someone please refresh my memory how to delete the cookie list in the Options/Cookies to delete column. I have cookies box checked. Thanks.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Cookies you want to keep are the ones in the right hand of the list, there is an option to add or remove them from the list. If you remove them all from the "To keep list" they will all be deleted

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Should have added "When you run the cleaner"

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

rawprawn That's the problem---they don't delete! I remember from the past it was something to do with having Adobe ( or something) box checked. Well mine is and obviously cookies is ticked. Thanks anyway

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Have a read here

does that help

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

rawprawn No luck. Have Flash checked and I have no exclusions. Thanks for your time.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Close Ccleaner then close your browser/s. Open Ccleaner and the list in the column for cookies to be deleted will be empty.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

PS I have my browsers to delete cookies on closing.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

rdave13 Prefer not to delete all cookies for obvious reasons. Your suggestion didn't work unfortunately, but when running the cleaner just now I had a pop up saying to close browser as cookies wont be deleted. Never had that before, but still no success. XPHome SP3 and FF8 by the way, Thanks.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Have you tried uninstalling CCleaner and re downloading the latest version, I know it's along shot but maybe worth a try.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I think you need to close FF to clear the internet cache. I've just run Ccleaner with FF open then back to the Cookies list and some still show, so closed Ccleaner and re-opened and the left hand column is clear until a page is refreshed or another tab opened. If your list doesn't budge then I go with rawprawn and try a fresh install of Ccleaner.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...