We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

USB FM Transmitter problem setting up on PC

toogie

Likes # 0

I bought a USB FM Transmitter hoping to broadcast audio from my PC to FM radio and ultimately would like to listen to it on cordless headphones. I am a complete beginner on how this can be achieved but I have loaded the software from the disk as per instructions I received with my "Keene Electronics" device.Unfortunately the instructions do not help much more than this! This is where I am at moment. I have made "B-LINK USB AUDIO" the default in my Audio Devices and clicked on the USB Audio Shortcut. I nave inserted the device in the USB port (although I am concerned that it does not show up on "My Computer"). The shortcut window shows 90 MHz which can be scrolled down to lower MHz readings although no other controls appear to be active e.g. when I switch from On to Pause nothing changes!! I have my radio turned on! What do I now do to get some action ??

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If its set to 990Hz then you need to tune the radio to the same frequency (90Hz)

Play some music file on the PC and you should then hear it on the radio at that frequency.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

Some of these devices use very low-level deviation/modulation on their transmitters with the result that the received broadcast is very quiet and the volume control has to be wound up considerably. It is quite possible to miss hearing the broadcast if you are not too careful. As fruitbat said earlier, make sure that your receiver is tuned to the correct frequency.

Like this post
toogie

Likes # 0

Thanks guys I will try that later. One more thought, what will happen when FM transmissions are turned off and only digital radios are available ?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It won't affect your own FM transmitter, as long as you have/keep a radio that can receive FM signals you can tune in to your own radio FM station signal that is being transmitted from your Keene Electronics device.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Most/All? DAB radios/chips have an FM decoder built-in.

Whether that will be the case in 10 years is another matter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers