We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do you remove PCA Drag this icon to your Taskbar.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just downloaded IE9 in the attempt to be able to install SP1 on W/764 bit computer and I get this annoying taskbar type thing from PCA Asking to drag it to the Taskbar.

Anyone know how to remove it every time I open I/E9 it pops down from the Toolbar.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It does not show on all sites but if you select tools in the menu bar, compatibility view settings, you can add this site to it. I have boxes ticked for, Include updated website lists from Microsoft and Display intranet sites in Compatibility view.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

john bunyan

Or Tools Compatibility mode.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Oops Sorry did not notice we were on a different page.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave 13

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)

Installation date: ?13/?12/?2011 11:24

Installation status: Canceled

Error details: Code 8024000B

Update type: Important

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is a recommended collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update. The service pack can help make your computer safer and more reliable. A typical installation will take about 30 minutes to complete, and you will have to restart your computer about halfway through the process.

More information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=206783

Help and Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=206784

any idea as to how I can sort this.

i have tried to download it about 10 times and get the same result every time.

I have tried it with all the security programs switched off and no difference.

Knowing you like a challenge I thought that I would ask just in case you have came across the problem before.W/7 64Bit Home premium.

The last time it came up with error code 8024200D

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This is a pain as I tried to uninstall SP1 on Win7 running 32-bit, knowing I'd be fresh installing 64-bit for a new drive later on. Just to see what happens I found I could only uninstall it in safe mode and that went well. I tried everything to reinstall it but failed miserably. Kept rolling back after installing to about 30 or 40% if I remember correctly. This was with uninstalling Rapport, disabling AV etc. I didn't go as far as uninstalling Avast, maybe I should have, and tried installing SP1 off-line?

Have a look here for some pointers, click here and make sure you have backed up. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I had.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Chronus Thanks - I could not spot it!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Buteman, a better description of clean booting here

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok just ran Windows updates there were 8 for W/7 64Bit and SP1 was amongst them.Downloaded them all except SP1 so will give your last post a try now.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

After about 2 months of trying I finally have it installed.

This is for update KB976932-SP1

You want the 2nd bottom one if you have the 64Bit version and the bottom one for the 32 Bit version.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5842

They don't look right but worked a treat for me.I was a bit worried when the started downloading the wrong update but it was followed by the correct one.

It says it takes about an hour and they were right an hour and a bit more I would say.

But at least it is downloaded at last.Once downloaded you will have to run windows updates a few time to get all of the rest of the updates.

I would have been really annoyed if I had wasted all of that time and it did not install so quite happy with the outcome.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Glad you're sorted. When I did a fresh install of the 64-bit version I used Win7 64 with SP1 download from here, link . Now my original 7 disc didn't come with SP1. It activated OK even though it states here it shouldn't, Avivation.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes